Sunday, August 30, 2015

Keep Calm & Be Merry- Scrap Challenge YOUrself

Hello Everyone!

I think most of us would agree that one of the most anticipated holiday of the year is Christmas! Especially here in the Philippines where it is considered the longest holiday of the year.  I always look forward to celebrating it and the traditions that go with it.  As a kid, my family would always try to complete the nine-days dawn masses or as we call it "misa de gallo".  And after the mass we would always eat Filipino delicacies like the "puto maya and sikwate" ( puto maya is a sticky rice steamed with coconut milk and ginger while sikwate is a cebuano version of hot chocolate made from pure raw chocolate).  As I grew up and started working, Christmas time is also one of the most awaited event in the company (Bonus, bonus and bonus...:D).  But for me, the most important thing about Christmas is celebrating Christ's birth and sharing to others whatever blessings we may receive.  So for my entry in Scrap Challenge Yourself, I used my photo from one of our company's Christmas activity and I say, Keep Calm and Be Merry! I hope you all enjoy my layout.







Thanks for viewing!


Cory

16 comments:

  1. Such a nice and colourfull layout! Good job! The doileys are perfect. Thank you for joining us at Challenge YOUrself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a fun and fabulous layout, Cory! I love the photo of YOU and your Christmas theme. (Your version of hot chocolate sounds delicious!!!) Thank you so much for joining us at Challenge YOUrself this month!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice page. Joyful. Thank you for joingin with us at Challenge YOURself!

    ReplyDelete
  4. always love a non-traditional Christmas layout! Love the light feel and yup, the red accents and doily are perfect! Kate (Challenge YOUrself)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great "Keep Calm" quote!! Love it - and LOVE your layout! Love the doilies ! Thanks for playing along with us at the Challenge YOUrself Blog!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great layout Cory! I loved reading your story. So glad you joined us at Challenge YOUrself :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a cute photo! Love your title, so clever. Great way to incorporate doilies too. Very nice! Thanks for joining in with us at Challenge YOUrself

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the combination of the florals and the doilies. Nice page, and I agree the title is clever.

    ReplyDelete