Sunday, July 5, 2015

welcome to craftynchicks world

Hi Everyone!


It’s been quite a while since I’ve written any article.  So please bear with my ramblings.  First things first, let me introduce myself, my name is Cory and I am from Cebu, Philippines and I am as self-proclaimed crafter.  Ever since I was in school, I considered myself artsy.   Maybe because I am an only child, I turned to crafting to entertain myself when my folks are at work.  I had tried different forms of art.  I had tried drawing and painting but that didn’t quite work.  My drawings instead of becoming realistic, it turned into abstract and Picasso-ish.  So I turned into needlework and clothes designing.   My grandmother had taught me how to sew and make doll clothes, so back then, I had the most fashionable dolls, fit for a dolly runway.  I also ventured into cross-stitching, usually pictures of my favorite cartoon characters and nature themes.  Then, my mother introduced me to the world of crochet.  From the basic stitches, I became so interested that I ventured into making bags, hats and eventually summer clothes.  But in spite of all of these different crafts, I eventually fell in love with scrapbooking.  I think this is because I love printing pictures.  Before I thought it was just about arranging it in an album and writing captions under it, but as time goes by, I discovered that there is a lot more you can do to make it more fun.  Anyways, I think this post is getting quite long and I don’t want to bore you, so please enjoy my pages.  It’s not all about the techniques I applied but rather the subjects that I showcase.

Cheers!

Cory…











No comments:

Post a Comment